Sunday, May 9, 2010

100 Good Wishes Quilt


Hello again.

I got reminded the other day that I haven't posted here in oh, almost a year. So I thought maybe I should catch up a little. Shown above is Neighborhood Project #1... a quilt made for a friend in the neighborhood when she adopted a darling little boy from China. Lots of folks from the neighborhood contributed fabric squares that went into this Bow Tie Quilt. And then probably half of them helped to put it together- ironing, pinning, color-blocking, making the binding and backing- and most of all babysitting so I could finish up! Once it was done my neighbor Val even wrapped it up- so all in all it might have been my fastest quilt ever. (It was certainly the most stressful, but I don't need to go into all the details. Let's just say PROPOSAL at work and a shower date that was about a month earlier than expected, and leave it at that.)

Accompanying the quilt was a beautiful scrapbook that my friend Denise put together with all of the notes that everyone had written. In my opinion the book was nicer than the quilt- Denise did a ton of work on it and it was amazing.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment