Thursday, May 20, 2010

Making another Neighborhood Quilt

So my friend Denise decided it was high time that we had another neighborhood project, because at least once a year I have to pull all my hair out and drive those around me crazy. She wanted to make a quilt for our friend Connie, whose 50th birthday party is coming up. Connie is amazing. She's one of those people who you meet, and 5 minutes later you feel like you've known her all your life. She's got 5 gorgeous boys (6 if you count her husband) and a beautiful house and she kicks butt at her job and everyone loves her.

In January, Connie was diagnosed with a brain tumor.

Some of the neighbors have been doing so much for the family- driving the boys places, making meals, taking Connie to doctor's appointments, threatening bodily harm to doctors who were less than empathetic, and just generally helping out. I on the other hand have done very little. When Denise mentioned a quilt for Connie that would be from all of us I immediately thought it was a great idea. Denise rallied the troops with an email asking for fabric, pictures, and contributions (for the additional materials), and we have realllly gotten some fabulous stuff so far.
Take a look! Is anyone surprised by the fabric Denise picked?






I know, I know, there is a big shiny splotch in the middle of the Gordons' picture. All I can say it, Marianna must have used some extra shiny photo paper because I took that darned pic about 10 times and this was the least offensive version I managed to get.
On Sunday we'll see how far we can get putting our top together. I have changed my mind about the pattern and I'm pretty excited. No previews though, you'll just have to wait and see!

Note, if you don't see your stuff here and you've dropped it off, it just means that I haven't had a chance to put it in a collage yet. Collage number three coming soon, I hope!

Look at all those gorgeous neighborhood families.  Aren't they beautiful?






No comments:

Post a Comment